Assam G.O – Scheme for Compassionate Family Pension in lieu of Compassionate Appointment
GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
FINANCE (ESTT-A) DEPARTMENT
Dated Dispur, the 5th July,2018
Sub. : “Scheme for Compassionate Family Pension in lieu of Compassionate Appointment” in short called as Compassionate Family Pension (CFP) Scheme.
It has come to the notice of Finance Department that Compassionate Family Pension is not being sanctioned timely to the family of the employees who die in harness, which is against the true spirit of the notification on Compassionate Family Pension issued vide No.FEG.28/2017/26 dated 14/09/2011 .
The primary objective of the scheme of Compassionate Family Pension is to support the family income of the employees who die in harness and ensure that they do not suffer financial hardship.
To ensure this, the detailed procedure shall be followed by all the Departments in the State Government.
(l) CFP will be sanctioned in the same way as Normal Pension / Family Pension.
(2) The Administrative Department/Appointing Authority will sanction provisional Compassionate Family Pension to the family of the employees who die in harness, with intimation to Accountant General, Assam or Directorate of Pension, Assam as the case may be, for issuance of necessary authorization.
(3) The expenditure for payment of CFP is debitable to the same Head of Account as in case of family pension and the concerned Administrative Department shall take necessary action accordingly.
(4) Other benefits such as Death-cum-Gratuity (DCRG), Leave encashment benefit, GIS, GPF, etc. shall be processed as entitled as per normal rules and provision as admissible on date of death of employee.
(5) DDO concerned will prepare the provisional CFP bill and furnish to concerned treasury for payment on the strength of sanction issued by competent authorities.
(6) The Treasury Officer will pay provisional CFP and adjust the excess/less amount after receipt of the final authority from the AG/Directorate of Pension.
(Shyam Jagannathan, IAS)
Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam,
Finance Department, Dispur.