Common mistakes by PAOs in processing of Revision of Pension under 7th CPC
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II,BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/1T&Tech/Revision(7th CPC)/19.Vol-III (D)/2017-18/12
Subject: Common mistakes by PAOs in processing of Revision of Pension under 7th CPC .
7th CPC Pension Revision cases are to be settled in a time bound manner. This office is receiving more than 3000 pension revision cases on daily basis. However, it has been observed that about 5 to 10 percent cases are returned by this office to PAOS due to Various discrepancies. The reasons to return are indicated by this office in each case. To facilitate the PAOs, a list of common mistakes made by PAOs has been prepared and enclosed herewith at Annexure-A.
In view of above all the PAOs are requested to ensure that 7th CPC revision cases are sent correctly to CPAO to speed up the processing of the same in a time bound manner.
Encl: As above
(Md.Shahid Kamal Ansari)
Asstt. Controller of Accounts)
Ph No 011‐26103074
- DATE OF DEATH OF PENSIONER NOT MENTIONED IN COLUMN 3(b. (FAMILY PENSION CASE)
- APPLICABILITY OF COMMUTED PENSI0N MAY BE CHECKED WHETHER ITIS APPLICABLE OR NOT.
- CLASS/CATEGORY OF PENSI0N UNDER COLUMN 1(g) MAY BE CHECKED.
- NOTIONAL PAY SHOWN UNDER COLUMN 3(e) MAY BE CHECKED.
- PAY/NOTIONAL PAY SHOWN IN COLUMN 3(e) ,DOES NOT MATCH WITH PAY FIXED UNDER 7th CPC AS SHOWN IN COLUMN 4(a).
- LEVEL AND INDEX UNDER COLUMN 4(a)MAY BE CHECKED.
- BASIC PENSI0N IS NOT MATCHING WITH THE LAST PAY DRAWN AS PER 7TH CPC.
- PAY MATRIX FOR LEVEL-13 MAY BE CHECKED WITH REFERENCE T0 REVISED PAY MATRIX IN TERMS OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE〔 DEPTT OF EXPENDITURE〕 RESOLUTION DATED‐ 16.05.2017
- PAY MATRIX FOR LEVEL‐ 14 MAY BE CHECKED WITH REFERENCE T0 REVISED PAY MATRIX IN TERMS OF DEPTT.OF PENSION & PENSIONERS WELFARE OM DATED- 13.09.2017