PCDA Circular 592 : Restoration of full pension in respect of Defence Service Personnel who had drawn lump sum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 592
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICI/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K) and Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject:- Restoration of full pension in respect of Defence Service Personnel who had drawn lump sum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies.
Reference:- Circular No. 532 dated 19.01.2015.
1. Reference is invited to para-8 of DOP & PW O.M. F. No.4/34/2002 -P&PW(D)- Vol- II dated 23/06/2017 vide which it has been decided to extend the benefit of order dated 02-08-2007 of the Hon’ble Madras High Court and the Order dated 01-09-2016 of the Hon’ble Supreme Court to all similarly placed absorbee pensioners. Accordingly, all such absorbee pensioners who had taken 100% lump-sum amount in lieu of pension on absorption in PSUs/Autonomous Bodies and in whose case 1/3rd pension had been restored after 15 years, may be allowed restoration of full pension after expiry of commutation period of 15 years from the date of payment of 100% lump-sum amount.
2. It is, therefore, decided by the competent authority that provisions of GoI, Ministry of personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare OM F. No. 4/34/2002-P & PW (D)-Vol-II dated 23.06.2017, shall also apply mutatis mutandis to all Armed Forces pensioner absorbed in PSUs/Autonomous bodies vide GoI, MoD letter No. 1(04)/2007-D(Pen/Policy) dated 18.09.2017. Other terms and conditions prescribed vide GoI, MoD letters issued from time to time which are not affected by the provisions of GoI, MoD letter dated 18.09.2017 shall remain unchanged.
3. The Armed Forces PSU absorbees whose full pension is restored in terms of the above instructions would also be entitled for revision of their pension in accordance with the instructions issued from time to time in revision in implementation of the recommendations of the Pay Commissions including 7th Central Pay Commission.
4. The pension in terms of these orders will be revised by respective Pension Sanctioning Authorities suo-moto by issuing Corrigendum PPOs in all affected cases. Further, PDAs will also brought into notice these type of cases to concerned PSAs, if any left, for revision of pension.