Highlights by K.V.Ramesh, Sr.JGS/IRTSA
1. The modifications approved by the Government in the recommendations of the 7th CPC on allowances will lead to a modest increase of Rs.1448.23 crore per annum over the projections made by the 7th CPC
2. It has been decided not to abolish 12 of the 53 allowances which were recommended to be abolished by the 7th CPC. This will benefit over one lakh employees belonging to specific categories in Railways, Posts, Defence and Scientific Departments.
3. HRA shall not be less than Rs.5400, Rs.3600 and Rs.1800 for X, Y and Z category of cities respectively. This will benefit more than 7.5 lakh employees belonging to Levels 1 to 3.
4. HRA rates will be revised upwards when DA crosses 25% and 50% respectively, instead when DA crosses 50% & 100% recommended by 7th CPC.
5. Rate of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for Pensioners has been increased from Rs.500 per month to Rs.1000 per month.
6. The rate of Constant Attendance Allowance granted on 100% disablement has been increased from Rs.4500 per month to Rs.6750 per month
7. Enhancement in Siachen Allowance over & above the recommendations of 7th CPC.
8. Uniform allowance will continue to be paid to Nurses on a monthly basis
9. Higher rate of Dress Allowance to SPG personnel
10. Rate of Children Education Allowance (CEA) has been increased from Rs.1500 per month / child (max.2) to Rs.2250 per month / child (max.2). Hostel Subsidy will also go up from Rs.4500 per month to Rs.6750 per month.
11. Existing rates of Special Allowance for Child Care for Women with Disabilities has been doubled from Rs.1500 per month to Rs.3000 per month.
12. Higher Qualification Incentive for Civilians has been increased from Rs.2000 – Rs.10000 (Grant) to Rs.10000 – Rs.30000 (Grant).
13. For Loco pilots rates of Additional Allowance have been increased from Rs.500 / 1000 per month to Rs.1125 / 2250 per month. This has also been extended to Loco Pilot Goods and Senior Passenger Guards also @ Rs.750 per month.
14. In view of strenuous nature of the job, new Allowance namely Special Train Controller’s Allowance @5000 per month for Train Controllers of Railways has been introduced.
15. Existing rate of Nursing Allowance has been increased from Rs.4800 per month to Rs.7200 per month.
16. Rate of Operation Theatre Allowance has been increased from Rs.360 per month to Rs.540 per month.
17. Rates of Hospital Patient Care Allowance / Patient Care Allowance have been increased from Rs.2070 – Rs.2100 per month to Rs.4100 – Rs.5300 per month. 7th CPC recommendations modified to the extent that it will be granted to Ministerial staff also.
Source : www.irtsa.net