Station Directors at Railway Stations
It has been decided that all A1 Category Railway Stations (total 75) will be headed by Station Directors in phases. Station Directors will ensure that the stations function as excellence centers for the customers with the additional objective to ensure vigilant and sensitive customer service and also superior commercial sense. The functions of the Station Directors and their teams are as under:
- Prompt, courteous and hassle-free service to customers.
- Proper cleanliness and hygiene at the station and stationary trains.
- Efficient working of booking and reservation office.
- Punctuality of trains at the station, timely placement and withdrawal of rakes at platforms of the station.
- Proper functioning, upkeep/repairs of all passenger amenities at the station.
- Upkeep of passenger enquiry system, display board etc.
- Ensuring efficient, transparent and customer oriented working of Parcel Office.
- Monitoring the service of catering/vending stall at the station.
- Prompt grievance redressal.
- Security of passengers.
- Any other items identified for making station an excellent center for customer.
No extra expenditure will be borne by the Railways as the posts of Station Director will be manned by existing strength of officers without creating any additional post.
This Press Release is based on the information given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 23.11.2016 (Wednesday).